Lifeboat crew in YouTube film
- Credit: Archant
Lyme Regis RNLI team star in promotional video
Lifeboat volunteers from Lyme Regis are starring in a new YouTube film created to boost awareness of the RNLI and its lifesaving gifts that raise vital funds.
Nine members of the crew take part in the video, which shows them hurrying to answer an emergency call.
One of them, builder John Bird, is seen running to a ‘shout’ with a local building site in the background.
In all, the film features 41 crew members from seven lifeboat stations, alongside the charity’s lifeguards and RNLI volunteers - from a lifeboat station manager to an RNLI shop volunteer. One of the last scenes shows three members of the Lyme Regis crew arriving on foot at the lifeboat station.
You may also want to watch:
Also towards the end of the film the crew prepare for the launch of the lifeboat and put on their kit. The cost of items that they wear, from sea boots to safety helmets, is displayed to drive home the cost of keeping volunteers safe in what can be treacherous sea conditions. The RNLI depends on the generosity of the public in order to continue its lifesaving work and buying its lifesaving gifts is one way that the public can help the charity.
Murray Saunders, another member of the Lyme Regis crew, who runs a watersports business on Marine Parade, said: ‘It was great to get involved in a project like this, helping to show what we do and what we need the donations for. Lots of people really value gifts with meaning rather than something they already have or don’t really need. So an RNLI lifesaving gift is a great way to show that you care about your friends or family and the worthwhile cause that is close their heart.”
- 1 'Unmissable' music show a treat for Beehive audiences
- 2 PM had to be cautious on next step, says MP
- 3 Farm opens gardens and wildflower meadows to support good causes
- 4 4 common roofing problems and how you can fix them
- 5 Walkers get ready to step out in the twilight for Hospiscare
- 6 Tim Martin of Wetherspoons wants government to offer visas to EU workers to help out in pubs
- 7 Axminster bowlers travel to Seaton for a challenging fixture
- 8 Royal College of Midwives calls for long-term investment in NHS staff
- 9 Leanne's charity pledge to spread the word on vision awareness
- 10 Traders repay public's support with a fortnight feast of fiver offers
The RNLI’s lifesaving gifts and gift cards are available at RNLIshop.org/outonashout, with all funds going towards the charity’s lifesaving work. The RNLI uses the money from lifesaving gift purchases where the need is greatest in order to continue saving lives at sea. The recipient of the gift receives a thank-you card or e-card that explains the value of the gift and how it benefits the charity. Free delivery is offered on all lifesaving gifts.
The Lyme crew members taking part in the YouTube film, which can be viewed a www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6f3y8CQ0DY are Tom Crabbe, Tom Wallis, John Cable, John Bird, Neville Causley, Pete Cable, Murray Saunders, Elliott Herbert and Grahame Forshaw.