Lights off policy is ‘creepy’
Money could be saved in other ways says Honiton resident.
Many residential areas in Honiton have now have had lights off for the last month or so.
It is creepy when you have to get up every morning and fumble to your car in the dark.
I feel very vulnerable. It would have made more sense to have turned off alternate lights on all roads. At Daisy Mount Roundabout all the lights are on, but cars have lights and at 5am there are few cars about.
Surely, money can be saved by stopping the practice of painting all the roads different colours?
You may also want to watch:
I don’t expect anyone on the council will listen to the working person or value our suggestions. But, then again, you never know.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 A special remembrance service in Seaton
- 3 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 4 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 5 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 6 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 7 School embraces reading challenge
- 8 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 9 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism