Lights to go out in Seaton
Money-saving exercise proposed.
THE lights could go out on Seaton – if a policy for part-night street lighting gets the go-ahead.
Devon County Council plans to change the hours streetlights are on, from all-night long to lights going off at 12.30am and coming back on at 5.30am.
Seaton Town Council discussed the proposal at its August meeting on Monday night.
Councillor Sandra Semple said: “The fact is they would turn the lights off on us because they’ve turned the lights off in every other respect.”
You may also want to watch:
She questioned if there was any point discussing the matter, as opinions on street parking had previously been ignored.
She said the matter should be discussed with the police.
- 1 'Unmissable' music show a treat for Beehive audiences
- 2 PM had to be cautious on next step, says MP
- 3 Farm opens gardens and wildflower meadows to support good causes
- 4 4 common roofing problems and how you can fix them
- 5 Walkers get ready to step out in the twilight for Hospiscare
- 6 Tim Martin of Wetherspoons wants government to offer visas to EU workers to help out in pubs
- 7 Axminster bowlers travel to Seaton for a challenging fixture
- 8 Royal College of Midwives calls for long-term investment in NHS staff
- 9 Leanne's charity pledge to spread the word on vision awareness
- 10 Traders repay public's support with a fortnight feast of fiver offers
The switch-off is being planned to save money and energy.
What do you think?