Limited waste collections resume in East Devon
Council refuse lorries allowed to pick up from snow-free streets
REDUCED refuse and recycling collections were taking place in parts of East Devon today (Wednesday).
The district council said they hoped to make collections in the towns where roads are passable safely, including Axminster, Seaton and Honiton.
A spokesman said it was unlikely that the majority of scheduled collections would take place and any catch up collections from the disruption of last Friday (December 17) and earlier this week will be restricted to ice and snow free surfaces.
He said: “If your property is on a road on which it is not safe to travel please retain your refuse for the next scheduled collection when we will collect any additional side waste due to us being unable to collect during this difficult period.
You may also want to watch:
“We will, of course, deploy all available resources this week to try and maintain collection services and to catch up in any areas missed over the last few days.
“However, it is possible that the scale of the disruption will be such that we will be unable to return to all properties.”
- 1 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 2 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 3 Volunteers unite again to launch Operation Rudolph
- 4 Wednesday's Budget and how it might help those struggling in Devon this winter
- 5 New plan to build East Devon back better after the pandemic
- 6 Hippos beaten by a penalty at Okehampton
- 7 Colyton cyclist at age 82 rides the Gridiron 100 for Parkinson's UK
- 8 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 9 Councils across Devon to provide training to boost business
- 10 Plenty of evidence why Devon won't give up the ghost
The collections will be reviewed on a day by day basis and further updates will be available on this website and on twitter.com/RecyclingEDDC.