Limited waste collections resume in East Devon
Council refuse lorries allowed to pick up from snow-free streets
REDUCED refuse and recycling collections were taking place in parts of East Devon today (Wednesday).
The district council said they hoped to make collections in the towns where roads are passable safely, including Axminster, Seaton and Honiton.
A spokesman said it was unlikely that the majority of scheduled collections would take place and any catch up collections from the disruption of last Friday (December 17) and earlier this week will be restricted to ice and snow free surfaces.
He said: “If your property is on a road on which it is not safe to travel please retain your refuse for the next scheduled collection when we will collect any additional side waste due to us being unable to collect during this difficult period.
You may also want to watch:
“We will, of course, deploy all available resources this week to try and maintain collection services and to catch up in any areas missed over the last few days.
“However, it is possible that the scale of the disruption will be such that we will be unable to return to all properties.”
- 1 Talks to find future for historic farmhouse ravaged by fire
- 2 Millwey Rise 2 Pinhoe 0
- 3 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 4 Honiton Stingrays looking for new swimmers
- 5 Jack's back with a fresh emphasis on community
- 6 Property of the Week: The Grove, Colyton
- 7 Flitch Success for the Armstrong family
- 8 Independent family store embraces future with retailing first
- 9 The importance of renewable energy
- 10 Tourist attraction scoops prestigious award for 'tramathon' live event
The collections will be reviewed on a day by day basis and further updates will be available on this website and on twitter.com/RecyclingEDDC.