Link Up bring books to life in Honiton
A new book club brings literature to life for people with learning difficulties in Honiton.
AFTER being given vouchers for Waterstones support service Devon Link Up has founded a book club for people with learning difficulties in Honiton.
Members spent the money on a variety of books that they can now access at Honiton Library.
The group meets every other Wednesday to discuss the books they have read and is led by Kathy Maunder.
“It’s a learning curve about books and how they can be enjoyed,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
The club has inspired one member, Mark Connett, to bring the recipes to life and make his own cookies and muffins for the group.
“One of the members, Mark, took a recipe book home and out of the blue he brought in some muffins that he had made,” added Kathy.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 A special remembrance service in Seaton
- 3 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 4 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 5 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 6 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 7 School embraces reading challenge
- 8 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 9 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
Any body with a learning disability is welcome at the group and the next meeting will take place on April 20.
For more information call Kathy on 01404 41930.