Link Up bring books to life in Honiton
A new book club brings literature to life for people with learning difficulties in Honiton.
AFTER being given vouchers for Waterstones support service Devon Link Up has founded a book club for people with learning difficulties in Honiton.
Members spent the money on a variety of books that they can now access at Honiton Library.
The group meets every other Wednesday to discuss the books they have read and is led by Kathy Maunder.
“It’s a learning curve about books and how they can be enjoyed,” she said.
The club has inspired one member, Mark Connett, to bring the recipes to life and make his own cookies and muffins for the group.
“One of the members, Mark, took a recipe book home and out of the blue he brought in some muffins that he had made,” added Kathy.
- 1 Farmers' naked calendar is a smash hit for charity
- 2 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 3 Hobby cannabis grower from Axminster busted after he 'got greedy'
- 4 Candidates lining up to replace Neil Parish in Tiverton and Honiton
- 5 Seaton gets set to celebrate The Queen
- 6 Axminster Queens Jubilee events
- 7 Honiton camera club hold snap meeting
- 8 Honiton's oldest paper-boy retires
- 9 Aldi to take over Co-op site in Seaton
- 10 Vanity Fair play to be performed at the Beehive
Any body with a learning disability is welcome at the group and the next meeting will take place on April 20.
For more information call Kathy on 01404 41930.