Lions continue to support foodbank
- Credit: Archant
Axminster club donates £250 and helps pack aid boxes for Canned Sunshine
Axminster and District Lions Club is continuing to support the Canned Sunshine foodbank.
For the third time in recent months it has taken a donation along to the town’s Health and Wellbeing Centre, from where the aid operation is being co-ordinated.
A cheque for £250 was presented to manager Aynsley Jones and members helped pack the boxes for delivery to local people.
A spokesman for the Lions said: “The Lions Club feels this is a way of helping all those families in the area who are suffering at the moment especially those who are currently unemployed due to Axminster Carpets problems.”
You may also want to watch:
Pictured with Aynsley Jones (left) are Lions Marcia Cook, Jamie Love (president) and Pamela Keetch.
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Football in support of mental health
- 9 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 10 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020