Election 2011: Shock result in Axminster
Mayor Ron Jones loses his seat
THE Mayor of Axminster, Ron Jones, has failed to win re-election to the town council.
Mr Jones polled the second lowest number of votes, 287, during last Thursday’s poll.
Reginald Brown and Martin Spurway also failed to gain seats on the council.
Douglas Hull, the father of the council, attracted the most votes, 1,063.
You may also want to watch:
Others elected were: Graham Godbeer (593), Paul Hayward, 339, John Jeffery, 780, Sara Leat, 350, Andrew Moulding, 898, Chris Scott, 320, John Stevenson, 360, Mervyn Symes, 546, and Jeremy Walden, 434.
- 1 Millwey Rise 2 Pinhoe 0
- 2 Ian Hall retains Devon County Council seat
- 3 Hollie's happy to be in the Little Shop of vouchers
- 4 Netball club members win superstar backing for 'trip' to Australia
- 5 Caroline and Steve Bond win Covid Cup at Axe Cliff
- 6 Honiton carers' group meets again
- 7 Author's school visit takes the biscuit
- 8 Children get a taste of life in a forest school - and enjoy the benefits
- 9 Latest news from Axe Cliff Golf Club
- 10 Tourist attraction scoops prestigious award for 'tramathon' live event