Election 2011: Shock result in Axminster
Mayor Ron Jones loses his seat
THE Mayor of Axminster, Ron Jones, has failed to win re-election to the town council.
Mr Jones polled the second lowest number of votes, 287, during last Thursday’s poll.
Reginald Brown and Martin Spurway also failed to gain seats on the council.
Douglas Hull, the father of the council, attracted the most votes, 1,063.
You may also want to watch:
Others elected were: Graham Godbeer (593), Paul Hayward, 339, John Jeffery, 780, Sara Leat, 350, Andrew Moulding, 898, Chris Scott, 320, John Stevenson, 360, Mervyn Symes, 546, and Jeremy Walden, 434.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 8 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery