Election 2011: Shock result in Axminster
Mayor Ron Jones loses his seat
THE Mayor of Axminster, Ron Jones, has failed to win re-election to the town council.
Mr Jones polled the second lowest number of votes, 287, during last Thursday’s poll.
Reginald Brown and Martin Spurway also failed to gain seats on the council.
Douglas Hull, the father of the council, attracted the most votes, 1,063.
You may also want to watch:
Others elected were: Graham Godbeer (593), Paul Hayward, 339, John Jeffery, 780, Sara Leat, 350, Andrew Moulding, 898, Chris Scott, 320, John Stevenson, 360, Mervyn Symes, 546, and Jeremy Walden, 434.
- 1 Violent thug jailed after violent attack in supermarket
- 2 Rogue builder jailed for ripping off Honiton customers
- 3 Thug jailed for violent bottle attack at Seaton Tesco
- 4 Seaton Gateway opens after revamp
- 5 Open invitation to help save church for the community
- 6 Killerton Christmas countdown
- 7 Pink and blue on the Honiton greens
- 8 Hundreds of bikers rev up to raise funds for life savers
- 9 Steve and Dee hand over foodbank role to new manager
- 10 Dark day for Millwey Rise