Register to vote NOW
- Credit: Getty Images/Hemera
Time is running out to make sure you have a say in East Devon’s May 7 elections
Residents of East Devon are reminded that there’s just under a week left to ensure you have registered as an elector and can vote on May 7. The last day for receipt of applications is Monday, April 20.
If you are already registered, but want to have a postal vote rather than going to a polling station on election day, time is also running out. You must apply by 5pm on Tuesday, April 21, to ensure you can vote by post.
Details of all the candidates in the Parliamentary election and for district and parish council wards are now on EDDC’s website at: www.eastdevon.gov.uk/elections-and-registering-to-vote/election-documents
The website also carries information about the opening times and locations of polling stations around the district.
You may also want to watch:
Don’t forget that under the new system of Individual Elector Registration (IER) it is up to each individual to register, not the head of the household as before. If you still haven’t registered to vote, you can do so online at:
- 1 East Devon councillor resigns to focus on his business interests
- 2 Half-year property sales are twice the five-year average
- 3 What’s in a town crest - mermaids, plants pregnant woman or all three?
- 4 William conquers 200 books
- 5 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local
- 6 Enjoy spectacular visual art exhibition at town's Thelma Hulbert Gallery
- 7 Yarty Party Time - and what a success
- 8 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 9 Heatwave stops play at Axminster Bowls
- 10 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
To get help with registering to vote or to ask for a postal voting application form, you can also contact the district council’s Electoral Services team on 01395 517402, or email: email@example.com
With the General Election and local elections now less than a month away, being registered as a voter is obviously necessary so you can have your say. But there are other advantages too – like finding it easier to get a credit card, take out a loan or even obtain a mobile phone.
“Don’t delay. Do it today!” is the advice.