Register to vote NOW
- Credit: Getty Images/Hemera
Time is running out to make sure you have a say in East Devon’s May 7 elections
Residents of East Devon are reminded that there’s just under a week left to ensure you have registered as an elector and can vote on May 7. The last day for receipt of applications is Monday, April 20.
If you are already registered, but want to have a postal vote rather than going to a polling station on election day, time is also running out. You must apply by 5pm on Tuesday, April 21, to ensure you can vote by post.
Details of all the candidates in the Parliamentary election and for district and parish council wards are now on EDDC’s website at: www.eastdevon.gov.uk/elections-and-registering-to-vote/election-documents
The website also carries information about the opening times and locations of polling stations around the district.
You may also want to watch:
Don’t forget that under the new system of Individual Elector Registration (IER) it is up to each individual to register, not the head of the household as before. If you still haven’t registered to vote, you can do so online at:
- 1 Anniversary milestone for the railway station that beat Beeching
- 2 Snubbed! Lacemaker whose expertise was too good for the judges
- 3 Laptops and tablet help primary school
- 4 School recognised for appliance of science
- 5 Green blueprint for new valley park is agreed
- 6 Honiton U9s overjoyed to be playing competitive rugby once again
- 7 Marcus Hartnell wins Seaton and Colyton election
- 8 Phil Twiss retains Devon County Council seat
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Property of the Week: Corn Mill, Ottery St Mary
To get help with registering to vote or to ask for a postal voting application form, you can also contact the district council’s Electoral Services team on 01395 517402, or email: email@example.com
With the General Election and local elections now less than a month away, being registered as a voter is obviously necessary so you can have your say. But there are other advantages too – like finding it easier to get a credit card, take out a loan or even obtain a mobile phone.
“Don’t delay. Do it today!” is the advice.