Tiverton and Honiton constituency: Paul Edwards (Green)
- Credit: Archant
Five people are standing for the Tiverton and Honiton constituency in the General Election on Thursday, May 7...
Paul Edwards (Green) is a semi-retired community projects officer living in Lapford, mid-Devon. He has a degree in economics, political science and history, and has been an environmentalist since 1992.
He’s recently been working in the voluntary sector, dedicated to the development of rural communities.
“If elected, I will campaign against any attempt to privatise the NHS,” he said. “I will vote to repeal the Health and Social Care Act 2014. I will campaign to have Private Funding Initiative (PFI) debts removed from NHS Trusts, and have them taken up as central government debt.
“My second issue is climate change. We have only a few years left to take positive, effective and vigorous action to ameliorate the effects of climate change.”
You may also want to watch:
Paul also says the Greens are in favour of dropping VAT and hope to improve public transport across the UK.
- 1 Phil Twiss retains Devon County Council seat
- 2 Marcus Hartnell wins Seaton and Colyton election
- 3 New homes and a new town centre as Cranbrook embraces the future
- 4 Ian Hall retains Devon County Council seat
- 5 Children get a taste of life in a forest school - and enjoy the benefits
- 6 Ian Chubb retains Whimple and Blackdown seat
- 7 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 8 Colyton submits its Neighbourhood Plan to district planners
- 9 East Devon's new homes debate divides residents' opinions
- 10 Property of the Week: The Grove, Colyton