Tiverton and Honiton constituency: Paul Edwards (Green)
- Credit: Archant
Five people are standing for the Tiverton and Honiton constituency in the General Election on Thursday, May 7...
Paul Edwards (Green) is a semi-retired community projects officer living in Lapford, mid-Devon. He has a degree in economics, political science and history, and has been an environmentalist since 1992.
He’s recently been working in the voluntary sector, dedicated to the development of rural communities.
“If elected, I will campaign against any attempt to privatise the NHS,” he said. “I will vote to repeal the Health and Social Care Act 2014. I will campaign to have Private Funding Initiative (PFI) debts removed from NHS Trusts, and have them taken up as central government debt.
“My second issue is climate change. We have only a few years left to take positive, effective and vigorous action to ameliorate the effects of climate change.”
You may also want to watch:
Paul also says the Greens are in favour of dropping VAT and hope to improve public transport across the UK.
- 1 Half-year property sales are twice the five-year average
- 2 What’s in a town crest - mermaids, plants pregnant woman or all three?
- 3 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local
- 4 Yarty Party Time - and what a success
- 5 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers
- 6 United front needed to ensure Devon does not remain the poor relation
- 7 Lady Captain's Day at Axe Cliff
- 8 A little respect goes a long way to reducing summer tensions
- 9 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 10 Scheme for affordable homes on old football pitch moves step closer