At a time when people are losing their homes to repossession and young people are struggling to sell theirs, it has been galling to read about those greedy MPs who have spent taxpayers money on second homes. Again, a flawed system that allowed them to d
At a time when people are losing their homes to repossession and young people are struggling to sell theirs, it has been galling to read about those greedy MPs who have spent taxpayers' money on second homes. Again, a flawed system that allowed them to do so, instead of using their wages as the rest of us have to do.
Legal, maybe, but only just!
Isn't it time we reverted to MPs being chosen from the constituency in which they actually live? They would really know their area and the people they represent; local issues that concern local people.
I thought that MPs were elected for that purpose.
Surely, an apartment block could be found in or around London to house all MPs - accommodation, security, maintenance included?
All in all, no need for second homes as they could go to their own homes.
- 1 Judi Spiers re-dedicates Pecorama train Jimmy
- 2 The day a fallen scarecrow was mistaken for a dead body
- 3 Man attacks seagull with cricket bat in Lyme Regis
- 4 'Hello Mum' - WhatsApp scammers posing as children steal over £1.5m
- 5 Honiton councillor finalist for young civic awards
- 6 Review: Confusions, by Colyton Theatre Group
- 7 Exmouth nurse doing charity wing-walk this Sunday
- 8 Will people talk in 40 years about the 2022 heatwave like we talk about 1976?
- 9 Three people injured in paragliding accident at Lyme
- 10 Man released on bail after Dunkeswell accident
Outgoing MPs would vacate their apartment for the incoming opposite and so end this so-called "perk"!
Perhaps coaches could be arranged to take them to the House of Commons?
What an excellent use the Dome would have made!
MPs should stop and think where their priorities lie.
People have become apathetic as they realise that, no matter what promises are made during an election, ie the EU referendum, we are totally ignored in the end.
MPs must be chosen from our own area and be a voice loud enough to be heard on our behalf.
What other use are they?
It's also time we had an English parliament, as the Scottish, Welsh and Irish have, and stop the inequality drift.