“We are working together for you” – GP practices in Honiton, Ottery and Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
GP practices in Honiton, Ottery and Sidmouth have reassured residents they are working closely together to ensure everyone receives the appropriate health care amid the Covid-19 pandemic.
As recommended by NHS England, in order to manage the spread of Covid-19, all practices have moved to total telephone triage whilst, where possible, incorporating video consultations and
A spokesman said: “We have to prepare for the next phase of possible infections that may or may not have a very large impact on the local communities and the NHS as a whole in East Devon.
“We are setting up, what NHS England calls a ‘Hot Site’ at Ottery St Mary’s Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
“This site will only be activated if or when the individual surgeries in Honiton, Ottery and Sidmouth are not able to deal with acute patients with suspected Covid 19 safely in practices.
“Once activated, Patients will be asked to transport themselves to Ottery Hospital where you will be dealt with safely and efficiently.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 3 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 8 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 9 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 10 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
“Your GP or GP representative will give you instructions over the phone prior to leaving your home to attend the ‘hot site’.
“As GP practices, we are strongest together in times like this and we want to again reassure everyone that we are working hard to ensure you are able to speak to your GP when you need to and this is the best way to achieve that.
“We would like to remind our patients to continue to follow the up-to-date advice regarding Coronavirus via the NHS.uk website.
“If you need to speak to your practice, you can call or go online via their usual GP surgery contact details.
“We will make sure that you get through to the right practitioner to help you with your health care needs at this difficult time.”