Local producers support wine festival
Only a few stands remaining in produce marquee.
The organisers of the inaugural Honiton Wine Festival are poised to start recruiting vineyards to take part in the one-day event.
Nigel Reeve, of Marketing West, told business leaders last week that four marquees will be used to showcase local produce as well as wines and fruit juices.
The local produce marque is already well-subscribed, with only a few stands remaining.
Otter Valley Dairy, Olives Et Al and Burts Chips were confirmed as among those companies already signed up.
You may also want to watch:
Roger Hemming Estate Agents and Alchemy Systems, both Honiton-based businesses, were named as official sponsors.
Mr Reeve told the Midweek Herald: “We have always said we would ensure local businesses get the first option to be at the festival.
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 7 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 8 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 9 Beer Men's Shed receives £10,000 lottery funding
- 10 Hospitality needs a 'seat at cabinet the table' in Westminster - Michael Caines
“To make sure nobody is disappointed we initially blocked off a number of stands in the local produce marquee for local traders and we are now contacting them.
“However, if anyone is missed, we ask that they contact us as soon as possible before these last stands are gone.”
The wine festival is taking place on Allhallows Playing Field on July 28 to coincide with Market Charter Day.
To find out more about the festival call Mr Reeve on 01308 861606