Local producers support wine festival
Only a few stands remaining in produce marquee.
The organisers of the inaugural Honiton Wine Festival are poised to start recruiting vineyards to take part in the one-day event.
Nigel Reeve, of Marketing West, told business leaders last week that four marquees will be used to showcase local produce as well as wines and fruit juices.
The local produce marque is already well-subscribed, with only a few stands remaining.
Otter Valley Dairy, Olives Et Al and Burts Chips were confirmed as among those companies already signed up.
Roger Hemming Estate Agents and Alchemy Systems, both Honiton-based businesses, were named as official sponsors.
Mr Reeve told the Midweek Herald: “We have always said we would ensure local businesses get the first option to be at the festival.
- 1 Proposals for new solar farm off land near A30
- 2 Dalwood country fair this August
- 3 Dog show to raise vital funds for Devon Air Ambulance and Blue Cross
- 4 Man attacks seagull with cricket bat in Lyme Regis
- 5 Property of the Week: Maroc House, Lyme Regis
- 6 Dracula at Seaton - something to sink your teeth into this summer
- 7 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 8 Man released on bail after Dunkeswell accident
- 9 Green flag award for four East Devon parks
- 10 Tigers roar in brilliant start to the football season
“To make sure nobody is disappointed we initially blocked off a number of stands in the local produce marquee for local traders and we are now contacting them.
“However, if anyone is missed, we ask that they contact us as soon as possible before these last stands are gone.”
The wine festival is taking place on Allhallows Playing Field on July 28 to coincide with Market Charter Day.
To find out more about the festival call Mr Reeve on 01308 861606