Local producers support wine festival
Only a few stands remaining in produce marquee.
The organisers of the inaugural Honiton Wine Festival are poised to start recruiting vineyards to take part in the one-day event.
Nigel Reeve, of Marketing West, told business leaders last week that four marquees will be used to showcase local produce as well as wines and fruit juices.
The local produce marque is already well-subscribed, with only a few stands remaining.
Otter Valley Dairy, Olives Et Al and Burts Chips were confirmed as among those companies already signed up.
You may also want to watch:
Roger Hemming Estate Agents and Alchemy Systems, both Honiton-based businesses, were named as official sponsors.
Mr Reeve told the Midweek Herald: “We have always said we would ensure local businesses get the first option to be at the festival.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 3 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 4 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 5 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 6 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 7 Beer Albion edge Colyton in local showdown
- 8 Wildwood Escot ready for a frighteningly good October half term
- 9 Backing for plan to launch parkruns for young athletes
- 10 Cranbrook prevail in local derby
“To make sure nobody is disappointed we initially blocked off a number of stands in the local produce marquee for local traders and we are now contacting them.
“However, if anyone is missed, we ask that they contact us as soon as possible before these last stands are gone.”
The wine festival is taking place on Allhallows Playing Field on July 28 to coincide with Market Charter Day.
To find out more about the festival call Mr Reeve on 01308 861606