Loft smoke logged following chimney fire

PUBLISHED: 09:42 02 January 2013

Five fire engines were called to the scene

Five fire engines were called to the scene

Archant

Three fire engines sent to Marsh on New Year’s Day.

Three fire appliances were sent to an address in Marsh, near Honiton, on New Year’s day to tackle a small chimney fire.

The blaze, involving a wood burning stove, caused smoke logging in the loft of the property.

Two fire appliances from Honiton and one from Chard attended the incident, reported at 11.14am.

A spokesman for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said: “Upon arrival of the fire crews, it was evident there was a small chimney fire, resulting in some smoke logging in the loft space.

“Fire crews made steady progress through the use of chimney gear and a thermal imaging camera to extinguish the fire.”


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Midweek Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Midweek Herald