It’s take-off for Loganair flights between Exeter and Newcastle
- Credit: Loganair
The first Loganair service between Exeter and Newcastle takes off for the first time on Tuesday (September 15), as Loganair launches flights previously provided by Flybe.
In March 2020, the Scottish airline announced plans to take over 16 routes formerly flown by the Devon-based company prior to its collapse.
There will be a daily service Monday to Sunday from March next year, with a double daily on Fridays.
Kay Ryan, chief commercial officer at Loganair, said “We’re pleased to be able to restore yet more UK regional connectivity with the launch of our flights between Newcastle and Exeter.
“For many, summer holidays this year were a write-off, so we’re confident the introduction of daily flights for the summer 2021 programme will be especially welcome for families looking to make the most of next year, as well as for businesses as market conditions improve.”
You may also want to watch:
Matt Roach, managing director at Exeter Airport, said: “I’m pleased to welcome this new Loganair route to Newcastle in another milestone day for Exeter Airport following months of well documented hardship.
“This is the latest in a succession of new and returning routes, and we’re delighted that Loganair is extending its footprint from Exeter.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 3 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 6 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 7 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 8 Riding through the lockdown restrictions
- 9 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 10 Dragon Patchers will continue to keep Devon's potholes filled
“It’s important we restore as much regional connectivity as possible and we’re ready to receive passengers with new health protocols at the airport and on board with Loganair.
“We are delighted to celebrate the launch of today’s addition to the network with this new Exeter service.
“We hope the route will be warmly welcomed by passengers visiting friends and relatives on the south coast, looking to a UK-based holiday or those needing to travel for business.”