Long-awaited cycleway plans
A cycleway linking Feniton, Ottery St Mary and Sidmouth could be in place by the end of 2013.
PLANS for a long-awaited cycleway linking Feniton, Ottery St Mary and Sidmouth could be in place by the end of 2013 – but an actual scheme is years away.
The view was expressed when the Vision Group for Sidmouth’s (VGS) Futures Forum met with key players to hammer out where cycling projects are headed.
The county’s sustainable transport officer, Zsolt Schuller, was welcomed to the meeting at the Anchor Inn.
Mr Schuller, currently working on the Devon Cycling Strategy, said investment for cycling will continue until 2015.
You may also want to watch:
Peter Grainger, from Sustrans, confirmed that the national cycling group was working with the county on the Sidmouth to Feniton route - which would follow the old railway track - and hoped to have plans in place by the end of the year.
Jo Elliot, of the Otter Trail - a group which has been working with Sustrans on the scheme - brought along students from The King’s School who have also been campaigning for the route.
- 1 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 2 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 3 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 4 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 9 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 10 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
County councillor Stuart Hughes told the meeting: “We have already done some considerable work towards cycling schemes in and around Sidmouth, and the Sidmouth to Feniton route is one that I hope to see progress in the next tranche of schemes from 2015-17.”