Seven injured and Honiton A road closed after multi-vehicle collision
- Credit: Archant
The incident happened on the A30 Honiton bypass heading westbound between the A35 Monkton Road and A35 Exeter Road.
More than half a dozen people have been injured in a collision between four vehicles on a Honiton A road.
The serious incident happened at around 2.23pm on the A30 Honiton bypass westbound between the A35 Monkton Road and A35 Exeter Road.
Firefighters from Honiton and Otter St Mary freed two injured people from separate vehicles before they were rushed to hospital.
A further five people were injured in the collision, which caused huge tailbacks into Honiton.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue service confirmed police, paramedics and Devon Air Ambulance personnel were quickly on the scene after the incident.
The A30 is currently closed from the turning of the B3177 (Fenny Bridges) and an eastbound carraigeway is closed while debris is cleared.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 3 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 4 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 5 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 6 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 7 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 8 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 9 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 10 Fake Covid-19 vaccine scam alert
The fire service spokesman said a man was freed from one vehicle at the scene, and a woman was released from a separate vehicle.
He added: “Five others were treated for minor injuries after they were able to get out by themselves.”
There are reports of up to ten minute delays in Honiton’s town centre as local traffic faces the repercussions of the incident.
More to follow.