Long recovery ahead for horse hit by car
Horse owner thanks those that helped injured Peggy.
A horse injured in car collision is on the long road to recovery.
Peggy, who is a popular face in Honiton - pulling the town’s taxi carriage and Santa’s sleigh, suffered lacerations and bruising following the incident last Friday night, on the Dunkeswell Road and Combe Raleigh cross roads.
The horse had escaped from its livery.
Her owner, Vikki Sparks, said: “I am so grateful to all the people who stopped to help Peggy.
You may also want to watch:
“Peggy had severe lacerations to her face and it is going to be a long recovery but, she is alive.
“She has had lots of stitches and is very bruised and sore and is on full stable rest.”
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 3 Hippos beaten by a penalty at Okehampton
- 4 New exhibition for well known local ceramicist
- 5 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 6 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 7 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 8 Council lobbies Government on behalf of young people
- 9 Colyton cyclist at age 82 rides the Gridiron 100 for Parkinson's UK
- 10 Village youngsters excited by opening of new pump track