Long wildlife walk at Holyford Woods
A LONG walk for wildlife enthusiasts is planned at Holyford Woods local Nature Reserve on Saturday, May 2. The Dawn Chorus Walk, organised by the Holyford Woodland Trust and East Devon District Council s Service, will start early and walkers can enjoy ba
A LONG walk for wildlife enthusiasts is planned at Holyford Woods local Nature Reserve on Saturday, May 2.
The Dawn Chorus Walk, organised by the Holyford Woodland Trust and East Devon District Council's Service, will start early and walkers can enjoy bacon butties and tea for a small charge at the end.
The trip should include the chance to hear bird songs, such as that of the wren.
A bat walk will take place in the evening, using electronic detectors used to make the 'clicks' that bats use to locate their prey. Both walks need to be booked in advance through the Countryside Service.
You may also want to watch:
In between, there will be a Bluebell Day from 10am to 4pm at Horriford Farm. There will be a variety of craft stalls, plants for sale and traditional craft demonstrations.
There will be survival skills workshops throughout the day.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 3 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Backing for plan to launch parkruns for young athletes
- 6 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 7 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 8 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 9 Property of the Week: Marcella House, Kilmington
- 10 Seaton tourist attraction to stay closed to the public
A free shuttle bus will be running from Colyford Memorial Hall from 9.30am until around 4.30pm. There is no parking available at Holyford Woods.
For more information visit www.eastdevon.gov.uk/countryside or to book, call 01395 517557.