Long wildlife walk at Holyford Woods
A LONG walk for wildlife enthusiasts is planned at Holyford Woods local Nature Reserve on Saturday, May 2. The Dawn Chorus Walk, organised by the Holyford Woodland Trust and East Devon District Council s Service, will start early and walkers can enjoy ba
A LONG walk for wildlife enthusiasts is planned at Holyford Woods local Nature Reserve on Saturday, May 2.
The Dawn Chorus Walk, organised by the Holyford Woodland Trust and East Devon District Council's Service, will start early and walkers can enjoy bacon butties and tea for a small charge at the end.
The trip should include the chance to hear bird songs, such as that of the wren.
A bat walk will take place in the evening, using electronic detectors used to make the 'clicks' that bats use to locate their prey. Both walks need to be booked in advance through the Countryside Service.
You may also want to watch:
In between, there will be a Bluebell Day from 10am to 4pm at Horriford Farm. There will be a variety of craft stalls, plants for sale and traditional craft demonstrations.
There will be survival skills workshops throughout the day.
- 1 Anniversary milestone for the railway station that beat Beeching
- 2 Snubbed! Lacemaker whose expertise was too good for the judges
- 3 Laptops and tablet help primary school
- 4 School recognised for appliance of science
- 5 Green blueprint for new valley park is agreed
- 6 Honiton U9s overjoyed to be playing competitive rugby once again
- 7 Marcus Hartnell wins Seaton and Colyton election
- 8 Phil Twiss retains Devon County Council seat
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Property of the Week: Corn Mill, Ottery St Mary
A free shuttle bus will be running from Colyford Memorial Hall from 9.30am until around 4.30pm. There is no parking available at Holyford Woods.
For more information visit www.eastdevon.gov.uk/countryside or to book, call 01395 517557.