Long wildlife walk at Holyford Woods
A LONG walk for wildlife enthusiasts is planned at Holyford Woods local Nature Reserve on Saturday, May 2. The Dawn Chorus Walk, organised by the Holyford Woodland Trust and East Devon District Council s Service, will start early and walkers can enjoy ba
A LONG walk for wildlife enthusiasts is planned at Holyford Woods local Nature Reserve on Saturday, May 2.
The Dawn Chorus Walk, organised by the Holyford Woodland Trust and East Devon District Council's Service, will start early and walkers can enjoy bacon butties and tea for a small charge at the end.
The trip should include the chance to hear bird songs, such as that of the wren.
A bat walk will take place in the evening, using electronic detectors used to make the 'clicks' that bats use to locate their prey. Both walks need to be booked in advance through the Countryside Service.
In between, there will be a Bluebell Day from 10am to 4pm at Horriford Farm. There will be a variety of craft stalls, plants for sale and traditional craft demonstrations.
There will be survival skills workshops throughout the day.
- 1 Record crowd watches Axminster Town take on Exeter City
- 2 East Devon shop reaches out to support local cancer charity
- 3 'Small farmers' livelihoods face collapse, post-Brexit'
- 4 Care home visitor limits to be lifted next week
- 5 Plans for keeping Dalwood 'a special place' to be put to the vote
- 6 Ace performer at Axe Cliff Golf Club
- 7 'I am pro-vaccine, but I am also pro-choice'
- 8 Policing activity in Honiton, Axminster and Colyford
- 9 More rugby progress and education for Honiton Under-11s
- 10 Property firm on lookout for development land in East Devon
A free shuttle bus will be running from Colyford Memorial Hall from 9.30am until around 4.30pm. There is no parking available at Holyford Woods.
For more information visit www.eastdevon.gov.uk/countryside or to book, call 01395 517557.