Long wildlife walk at Holyford Woods
A LONG walk for wildlife enthusiasts is planned at Holyford Woods local Nature Reserve on Saturday, May 2. The Dawn Chorus Walk, organised by the Holyford Woodland Trust and East Devon District Council s Service, will start early and walkers can enjoy ba
A LONG walk for wildlife enthusiasts is planned at Holyford Woods local Nature Reserve on Saturday, May 2.
The Dawn Chorus Walk, organised by the Holyford Woodland Trust and East Devon District Council's Service, will start early and walkers can enjoy bacon butties and tea for a small charge at the end.
The trip should include the chance to hear bird songs, such as that of the wren.
A bat walk will take place in the evening, using electronic detectors used to make the 'clicks' that bats use to locate their prey. Both walks need to be booked in advance through the Countryside Service.
In between, there will be a Bluebell Day from 10am to 4pm at Horriford Farm. There will be a variety of craft stalls, plants for sale and traditional craft demonstrations.
There will be survival skills workshops throughout the day.
- 1 New management team in place for the Honiton Hippos
- 2 Axminster vehicle extravaganza hailed 'great day out'
- 3 Woman seriously injured after motorway bridge fall
- 4 Motorcyclist dies after crash on A35 near Axminster
- 5 'Not if, it's when': Neil Parish says Boris Johnson should go
- 6 Drivers advised to plan journeys as A35 landslip work begins
- 7 One arrest after fuel protests on M5 and A38 in Somerset and Devon
- 8 'Graffiti vandals' target Honiton skate park
- 9 Bestiality video found on jailed drug dealer's phone
- 10 50 years since Ugandan Asians were resettled in Honiton
A free shuttle bus will be running from Colyford Memorial Hall from 9.30am until around 4.30pm. There is no parking available at Holyford Woods.
For more information visit www.eastdevon.gov.uk/countryside or to book, call 01395 517557.