Ottery firefighters tackle house blaze

PUBLISHED: 11:06 23 February 2020 | UPDATED: 11:06 23 February 2020

Devon fire engine

Devon fire engine

Archant

Firefighters from Ottery St Mary and Danes Castle, Middlemoor, tackled a blaze in a house at Rockbeare early this morning (4.25am, Sunday February 23).

A leak in a portable gas heater is believed to have caused the fire, involving an area of carpet in a downstairs lounge at Grange Cottages.

Crews extinguished the flames using two breathing apparatus, a hose reel jet and a CO2 extinguisher.

If you value what this gives you, please consider supporting our work. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad. Coronavirus is one of the greatest challenges our community has ever faced, but if we all play our part we will defeat it. We're here to serve as your advocate and trusted source of local information.

In these testing times, your support is more important than ever. Thank you.

Most Read

Comments have been disabled on this article.

Most Read

Latest from the Midweek Herald