Lucy’s experience of a lifetime
A Honiton air cadet spends six days at a RAF base in Cyprus.
A Honiton air cadet had an experience of a lifetime when she was selected to spend six days at a Royal Air Force (RAF) base in Cyprus.
Cadet Sergeant Lucy Reid, who is a member of the 1064 Squadron of the Honiton Air Training Corp, was one of 10 cadets chosen in the South West to visit RAF Akrotiri – located on the southern peninsula of the island.
“I felt really lucky to be chosen and was so happy that I got a place,” says the 19-year-old.
Whilst in Cyprus Lucy got the chance to see demonstrations by bomb disposal experts and the dog handler section.
You may also want to watch:
She also saw the Red Arrows and managed to find some time to enjoy a spot of snorkelling.
“It was really great to get the opportunity to bond with other people,” adds Lucy.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 3 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 6 MP gets a flavour of community food project's new base
- 7 Property of the Week: Marcella House, Kilmington
- 8 School embraces reading challenge
- 9 Ashley and Kate win prestigious organic farming accolade
- 10 Runner-up spot for Honiton team
The trip, which was organised by the RAF Association, was also her first trip abroad.
“It was an amazing experience. I liked the weather and getting to meet new people,” she told the Midweek Herald.
Since her return Lucy has been sharing her experience with her fellow cadets in Honiton.
For more information or to join the Air Training Corps call 01404 43286 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively visit www.honitonatc.org