Luppit brewery stays on as main sponsor of The Otters
- Credit: Archant
A Luppitt brewery have continued its support of grass-roots sports around Devon by remaining as the main sponsor for Upottery Football Club.
Otter Brewery is based less than a mile away from Upottery FC’s home ground of Glebe Park.
In the six years the brewery has been involved, Upottery’s first team (known as The Otters) has moved up to the Premier Division, where they finished fifth in the league last time out.
The club’s second team were champions of Division 6, so will start the new season in Division 5 of the Devon and Exeter League.
The jump up to the Premier Division meant a lot of the facilities needed upgrading to meet FA criteria.
You may also want to watch:
These have all now been achieved with extensive fundraising and help from a dedicated band of supporters and players.
After drainage work during the off-season and with new goal posts and nets purchased, the pitch also now looks in great condition as the new season gets under way.
- 1 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 2 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 5 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 8 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 9 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
Patrick McCaig, head of sales at Otter Brewery said: “When it comes to supporting grass roots sport there’s local and then there’s local.
“We are well known for our partnership with Exeter Chiefs and Premiership rugby, but there is a lot more we like to get involved with.
“Upottery is a stone’s throw from the brewery and this year we will be helping the football club both on and off the pitch.
“New home kits for the new season have added that last bit of sparkle and it’s great to be able to assist this promising young squad once again.”
Christina Page, Upottery FC’s secretary added: “We are lucky to have Otter so close to us and for their help when we asked.
“The partnership we’ve forged has been a massive benefit in getting the club to where it is today and we look forward to the season ahead.”
Upcoming fixtures for Upottery FC this year include Okehampton Argyle, Feniton, Newtown, Topsham Town, Beer Albion, Clyst Valley, Witheridge and Exmouth Town.