Lyme Bay Winery set to open its doors
- Credit: Archant
Drinks company is fast becoming the toast of the English wine making industry
Rapidly establishing itself as a leading producer of English wine, an Axe Valley drinks company is inviting residents to help it celebrate the grape harvest this coming autumn.
For the first time, Lyme Bay Winery is set to offer guided tours of its state-of-the-art production plant and shop at Shute, near Axminster.
It plans to open its doors this October to give nearby residents the chance to get a close-up look at the inner workings of an English grape harvest.
The firm is already a leader in its field for its range of fruit wines, meads, liqueurs and ciders, having garnered a reputation on a global stage with several international award successes.
You may also want to watch:
From its humble beginnings, producing a few bottles of cider nearly 20 years ago, Lyme Bay Winery has always prided itself on its local roots.
Today, the company employs 35 local staff and supports more than 50 local charity initiatives – most recently supporting the Grizzly Race in Seaton.
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 8 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 9 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 10 March the target for Point to Point racing
And, of course, it’s some of the local hedgerows themselves that end up in their fruit and country wines!
Managing director James Lambert said: “With our huge range of products to sample, a freshly renovated winery shop and the promise of guided tours and themed events for 2017 – there’s never been a better time to explore this international award winner that’s right on your doorstep.”