Lyme fishmonger hopes to reel in mobile phone users
Latest high-tech system lets callers view seafood “Alive, Alive-O!”
A LYME fishmonger – the first in the UK to display his seafod “Alive-O” on the internet - is hoping to net more customers with his latest high-tech innovation.
Simon Bennett has redesigned the Website for his Old Watch House Fish Shop, near the Cobb, to attract mobile phone users.
The new systems enables them to do everything from viewing the shop’s latest display of fresh fish, live via its webcam, to texting an order through.
Mr Bennett said: “It’s for convenience because more people are on the go – I don’t think as many people tend to sit down in a darkened room looking at computers now.
“It’s just another way of communicating with my customers.”
From the website, people can see what fish is available that day, chat to Mr Bennett, watch videos about how the fish is prepared and email inquiries.
- 1 Gittsham motorist 'so drunk he had to be carried out of car'
- 2 Towns join forces to promote green tourism
- 3 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 4 Axminster vehicle extravaganza hailed 'great day out'
- 5 Simon Jupp calls for Prime Minister's resignation
- 6 By-election result proves East Devon is not as 'true blue' as people thought
- 7 Woman seriously injured after motorway bridge fall
- 8 Stark warning on spending from Devon finance chief
- 9 Serious accident closes A35 in both directions
- 10 Motorcyclist dies after crash on A35 near Axminster
To see more of what’s on offer visit: www.theoldwatchhouse.com