Lyme fishmonger hopes to reel in mobile phone users
Latest high-tech system lets callers view seafood “Alive, Alive-O!”
A LYME fishmonger – the first in the UK to display his seafod “Alive-O” on the internet - is hoping to net more customers with his latest high-tech innovation.
Simon Bennett has redesigned the Website for his Old Watch House Fish Shop, near the Cobb, to attract mobile phone users.
The new systems enables them to do everything from viewing the shop’s latest display of fresh fish, live via its webcam, to texting an order through.
Mr Bennett said: “It’s for convenience because more people are on the go – I don’t think as many people tend to sit down in a darkened room looking at computers now.
“It’s just another way of communicating with my customers.”
From the website, people can see what fish is available that day, chat to Mr Bennett, watch videos about how the fish is prepared and email inquiries.
- 1 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 2 Van fire spread to hedgerow on busy route
- 3 Grants for energy efficiency improvements available for residents
- 4 Seaton's 'Hub Elves' replace loneliness with Christmas cheer
- 5 Ottery family lights up home in memory of mum
- 6 'Fantastic' news on Honiton loos: King Street toilets to stay open
- 7 Green team monitor water quality levels after pollution fears
- 8 Internal bowls battle in national competition
- 9 Where to see Santa in the Seaton area this Christmas
- 10 Yellow weather warning for ice and snow in Devon tonight
To see more of what’s on offer visit: www.theoldwatchhouse.com