Lyme is tuning up for its busking festival
- Credit: Archant
Resort prepares to host seven hours of street music starting at 11am tomorrow (Saturday May 26).
The popular B Sharp annual Busking Festival takes place in Lyme Regis tomorrow (Saturday May 26).
For seven hours between 11am to 6pm the streets will be alive with the sound of music from a vast array of musicians and street artists from the very young to 100.
B Sharp’s team of musicians and young leaders will be on hand to guide and encourage all.
Everyone is welcome to have a go, no matter what their level of music ability.
You may also want to watch:
During the day there will be:
Busking - all around Lyme and the seafront.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 3 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 4 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 5 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 8 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 9 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 10 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
Welcome desk - Jubilee Pavilion (Marine Parade shelters) by the ‘Play Me’ Piano.
Be In A Band – various young bands perform.
‘Play Me’ Piano and Open Mic - Jubilee Pavilion - 11am - 6pm
‘Play Me’ Drums - Gunn Cliff (by the canon, town end of Marine Parade) - 2-4pm
If you are coming along to busk you can register in advance via email@example.com and you will be allocated a spot, or simply go to the Welcome Desk to sign up and play on the day.
Diane Earle co-organiser of Busking said: “The Busking Festival is a great event and everyone thoroughly enjoys it. B Sharp has spearheaded various music projects and events in the last ten years and we’re really looking forward to hosting what promises to be another fun day for everyone, and taking part in a jam packed week of musical entertainment.”
For more information about the Busking Festival or to find out more about B Sharp’s music-making programmes for young musicians such as ‘Be In A Band’ and Jams B Sharp, visit bsharp.org.uk
On Sunday May 27, Jazz Jurassica, Lyme’s Festival of Jazz continues with a line-up of fantastic music including, Jazz Brunch with Annika Skoogh Quartet and Jazz Babylon at the Marine Theatre.