Lyme lifeboat rescues stranded ketch
Volunteer RNLI crew puts to sea for the eighth time in ten days
LYME Regis lifeboat answered its eighth emergency call in ten days yesterday (Tuesday) - when they went to the aid of a broken down boat.
Coastguards asked the volunteer crew to help a ten metre ketch with engine trouble , 14 miles south of the resort.
The vessel, Sanuk, with one man aboard, suffered intermittent engine failure and was towed by the lifeboat to the safety of Lyme Regis harbour.
One lifeboat crewman boarded the ketch - which was en-route from Brixham to Poole - during the tow. T
You may also want to watch:
he lifeboat was launched at around 2pm and was at sea for three hours.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 3 Hippos beaten by a penalty at Okehampton
- 4 New exhibition for well known local ceramicist
- 5 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 6 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 7 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 8 Council lobbies Government on behalf of young people
- 9 Colyton cyclist at age 82 rides the Gridiron 100 for Parkinson's UK
- 10 Village youngsters excited by opening of new pump track