Lyme lifeboat week in full swing
Visitors flock to Lyme Regis for an action packed week of events.
Crowds turned out in force to kick start the celebrations for Lyme Regis lifeboat week
An estimated 30,000 packed into the resort over the weekend to see a spectacular display by the Red Arrows as well as enjoy some tasty treats.
A hot dog stall manned by the lifeboat crew proved popular with visitors - selling a record 1,400 hot dogs.
Neville Causley said: “I have never known us sell so many hot dogs on the first day of Lifeboat week.”
You may also want to watch:
The lifeboat crew also wowed crowds by giving an action packed demonstration of the RNLI’s inshore lifeboat.
The special week of events runs until Sunday July 31.
- 1 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 2 Increase in hate crime across Devon and Cornwall
- 3 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'
- 6 Sky's the limit for popular artist as new exhibition opens
- 7 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 8 Honiton runners in the Studland Stampede
- 9 Jo’s family go the distance to support cancer charity
- 10 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event