Lyme lifeboat week in full swing
Visitors flock to Lyme Regis for an action packed week of events.
Crowds turned out in force to kick start the celebrations for Lyme Regis lifeboat week
An estimated 30,000 packed into the resort over the weekend to see a spectacular display by the Red Arrows as well as enjoy some tasty treats.
A hot dog stall manned by the lifeboat crew proved popular with visitors - selling a record 1,400 hot dogs.
Neville Causley said: “I have never known us sell so many hot dogs on the first day of Lifeboat week.”
You may also want to watch:
The lifeboat crew also wowed crowds by giving an action packed demonstration of the RNLI’s inshore lifeboat.
The special week of events runs until Sunday July 31.
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 5 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 6 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 7 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 8 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 9 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 10 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West