Make a splash for cash at Lyme Lunge
- Credit: Archant
Bumper crowds are expected to turn out again to see hardy swimmers take part in The Lyme Lunge on New Year’s Day.
The swim begins at 1pm, from the sandy beach, when hundreds of crazy bathers will take to the sea to welcome in 2020.
Organised by Lyme Regis Rotary Club, the main beneficiary this year will be the Dorchester County Hospital Chemotherapy Appeal, along with other Rotary charities.
This 11th annual fancy dress dip is fast becoming a 'must do' fun event in the West Country calendar, with swimmers from far and wide and the whole community getting involved.
This year there were more than 600 'swimmers' watched by many thousands of spectators and thousands of pounds were raised for chosen charities.
You may also want to watch:
A Rotary Club spokesman said: "We want to do even better in 2020 and hope that people can join us to enjoy this bracing but hilarious start to the year and help us share it with the rest of the South West.
"Hot soup is provided for all swimmers, courtesy of the Harbour Inn."
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 3 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 6 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 9 The US Open: part two
- 10 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
For further information contact organiser Guy Hayden at firstname.lastname@example.org
For sponsor forms visit www.lymeregisrotary.org