Lyme man suffers serious leg injury
A Lyme man suffered serious leg injuries in an accident at the Mariners Hotel
A LYME Regis pedestrian suffered serious leg injuries in today’s crash (Friday October 15) at the Mariners Hotel, police have revealed.
He was one of two people badly hurt when a Royal Mail lorry collided with a Mitsuibishi van and then crashed into the front of the 17th century building in Silver Street.
The pedestrian was airlifted to Exeter for treatment and the lorry driver, from Bournemouth, was cut free by firefighters and flown to the Dorset County Hospital in Dorchester.
A third man, working inside the hotel, was taken to hospital by ambulance. The driver of the van was unhurt.
You may also want to watch:
There is currently no update on their condition.
The hotel suffered severe structural damage in the crash and was cordoned off while building inspectors from West Dorset District Council assessed it.
- 1 Phil Twiss retains Devon County Council seat
- 2 New homes and a new town centre as Cranbrook embraces the future
- 3 Marcus Hartnell wins Seaton and Colyton election
- 4 Wiscombe Park hosts a fabulous return to motorsport
- 5 Colyton submits its Neighbourhood Plan to district planners
- 6 Ian Chubb retains Whimple and Blackdown seat
- 7 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 8 Children get a taste of life in a forest school - and enjoy the benefits
- 9 Ian Hall retains Devon County Council seat
- 10 East Devon businesses 'doing utmost' to comply with covid regulations