Lyme police hunt “hit and run” driver
Cyclist left injured in the road after crash near car park
POLICE are hunting a “hit and run” driver who left a cyclist injured in the road at Lyme Regis yesterday (Sunday).
They say the collision occurred at around 2pm at the entrance to the Holmbush car park.
A red Vauxhall Astra was pulling out and collided with a pedal cycle being ridden along Sidmouth Road towards the town centre.
The cyclist sustained a bang on the head, and bad grazing to his shoulder and elbow.
Police say the Astra driver did not stop, but just drove off towards Lyme Regis.
Other people in the area helped the 22-year-old cyclist, from Exeter, to his feet and he was later taken to hospital complaining of head pains. His condition is currently not known.
- 1 Van fire spread to hedgerow on busy route
- 2 Two-years-missing cat back home after turning up in Sidmouth
- 3 'Fantastic' news on Honiton loos: King Street toilets to stay open
- 4 Ottery family lights up home in memory of mum
- 5 Colyton decides on new neighbourhood development plan
- 6 Charity golf circus on the Honiton greens
- 7 Grants for energy efficiency improvements available for residents
- 8 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas
- 9 Where to see Santa in the Seaton area this Christmas
- 10 There are troubling consequences for all of us in this real life satire
Lyme Community Beat manager PC Richard Winward said: “The Astra probably sustained a broken passenger-side door mirror and may have a dent to the bodywork.
“We are currently checking available CCTV in order to identify the car. “
Anyone with information is asked to call PC Winward on 01305 222222.