Lyme police hunt “hit and run” driver
Cyclist left injured in the road after crash near car park
POLICE are hunting a “hit and run” driver who left a cyclist injured in the road at Lyme Regis yesterday (Sunday).
They say the collision occurred at around 2pm at the entrance to the Holmbush car park.
A red Vauxhall Astra was pulling out and collided with a pedal cycle being ridden along Sidmouth Road towards the town centre.
The cyclist sustained a bang on the head, and bad grazing to his shoulder and elbow.
Police say the Astra driver did not stop, but just drove off towards Lyme Regis.
Other people in the area helped the 22-year-old cyclist, from Exeter, to his feet and he was later taken to hospital complaining of head pains. His condition is currently not known.
- 1 Landlord jailed for 'groping barmaids' trying to stuff wages down their tops
- 2 'Something for everyone' as Axe Vale Show returns to Axminster
- 3 New Repair Cafe to open in Honiton next month
- 4 Town council explores best way forward for the Beehive
- 5 New unit to be built opposite Hangar two at Dunkeswell Airfield
- 6 Seaton gets set to celebrate The Queen
- 7 Over 1K raised by Honiton concert for Ukraine
- 8 Injured coast path walker airlifted to hospital
- 9 Aldi to take over Co-op site in Seaton
- 10 Pub organises fundraising gigs for Ukraine
Lyme Community Beat manager PC Richard Winward said: “The Astra probably sustained a broken passenger-side door mirror and may have a dent to the bodywork.
“We are currently checking available CCTV in order to identify the car. “
Anyone with information is asked to call PC Winward on 01305 222222.