Lyme police investigate ‘cowardly’ attacks
Windows smashed at resident’s home which is being regularly targeted by thugs
POLICE at Lyme are hunting “cowardly” thugs who are making a resident’s life a misery.
Windows have been smashed at the man’s home, at the bottom of Sherborne Lane, during a series of attacks, which continue into the early hours.
Community Beat Manager PC Richard Winward said the young culprits’ behaviour was “cowardly, disgusting and totally unacceptable”.
He told The Herald: “The harassment consists of banging on his windows and door, and there were two windows smashed last week.
“The latest attack came last night (Wednesday June 22) at about 9.30pm and involved a female who was wearing a yellow coloured top. She banged on the door.
“We are looking into installing devices to catch the offender. I would welcome any information as to the identity of the people responsible.”
- 1 Van fire spread to hedgerow on busy route
- 2 Two-years-missing cat back home after turning up in Sidmouth
- 3 'Fantastic' news on Honiton loos: King Street toilets to stay open
- 4 Ottery family lights up home in memory of mum
- 5 Colyton decides on new neighbourhood development plan
- 6 Charity golf circus on the Honiton greens
- 7 Grants for energy efficiency improvements available for residents
- 8 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas
- 9 Where to see Santa in the Seaton area this Christmas
- 10 There are troubling consequences for all of us in this real life satire
Anyone with information about those responsible should contact PC Winward on (01305) 222222.