Lyme police investigate ‘cowardly’ attacks
Windows smashed at resident’s home which is being regularly targeted by thugs
POLICE at Lyme are hunting “cowardly” thugs who are making a resident’s life a misery.
Windows have been smashed at the man’s home, at the bottom of Sherborne Lane, during a series of attacks, which continue into the early hours.
Community Beat Manager PC Richard Winward said the young culprits’ behaviour was “cowardly, disgusting and totally unacceptable”.
He told The Herald: “The harassment consists of banging on his windows and door, and there were two windows smashed last week.
“The latest attack came last night (Wednesday June 22) at about 9.30pm and involved a female who was wearing a yellow coloured top. She banged on the door.
“We are looking into installing devices to catch the offender. I would welcome any information as to the identity of the people responsible.”
- 1 Hobby cannabis grower from Axminster busted after he 'got greedy'
- 2 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 3 Farmers' naked calendar is a smash hit for charity
- 4 Candidates lining up to replace Neil Parish in Tiverton and Honiton
- 5 Seaton gets set to celebrate The Queen
- 6 Honiton's oldest paper-boy retires
- 7 Honiton camera club hold snap meeting
- 8 Axminster Queens Jubilee events
- 9 Aldi to take over Co-op site in Seaton
- 10 Vanity Fair play to be performed at the Beehive
Anyone with information about those responsible should contact PC Winward on (01305) 222222.