Lyme preparing to welcome French partners
- Credit: Archant
Civic ceremony to mark the formal twinning link with Barfleur will take place in The Guildhall next month
Fundraising by the Lyme Regis/Barfleur Twinning Association continues on Sunday, August 25.
A barbecue will take place at 2pm at the Lyme Regis Football Club ground in Charmouth Road.
All members, friends, family and potential new members are welcome to attend. Admission is £6 for adults and £3 for children and members are invited to take a suitable dish – a salad or sweet. A licensed bar will be available.
Meanwhile a civic reception for a delegation from Barfleur is being planned for Friday, September 20, and the formal twinning ceremony will held be in the Guildhall at 4pm the following day.
You may also want to watch:
Chairman of the association John Dover, said: “The first part of the twinning took place in Barfleur in May, and now our French friends will be visiting us in September for the second and final chapter in the formal linking of our towns with the signing of the charter on this side of the Channel.”
More details of events during the visit by the Barfleurais will be announced in the next weeks.
- 1 Half-year property sales are twice the five-year average
- 2 What’s in a town crest - mermaids, plants pregnant woman or all three?
- 3 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local
- 4 Yarty Party Time - and what a success
- 5 United front needed to ensure Devon does not remain the poor relation
- 6 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers
- 7 A little respect goes a long way to reducing summer tensions
- 8 Lady Captain's Day at Axe Cliff
- 9 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 10 Scheme for affordable homes on old football pitch moves step closer
Anyone who would like to join the association should call 07769 655362 or firstname.lastname@example.org