Lyme preparing to welcome French partners
- Credit: Archant
Civic ceremony to mark the formal twinning link with Barfleur will take place in The Guildhall next month
Fundraising by the Lyme Regis/Barfleur Twinning Association continues on Sunday, August 25.
A barbecue will take place at 2pm at the Lyme Regis Football Club ground in Charmouth Road.
All members, friends, family and potential new members are welcome to attend. Admission is £6 for adults and £3 for children and members are invited to take a suitable dish – a salad or sweet. A licensed bar will be available.
Meanwhile a civic reception for a delegation from Barfleur is being planned for Friday, September 20, and the formal twinning ceremony will held be in the Guildhall at 4pm the following day.
You may also want to watch:
Chairman of the association John Dover, said: “The first part of the twinning took place in Barfleur in May, and now our French friends will be visiting us in September for the second and final chapter in the formal linking of our towns with the signing of the charter on this side of the Channel.”
More details of events during the visit by the Barfleurais will be announced in the next weeks.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 3 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 6 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 9 The US Open: part two
- 10 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
Anyone who would like to join the association should call 07769 655362 or firstname.lastname@example.org