Lyme Regis death: No sign of break-in
POLICE have said there were no signs of a break-in at the home of a Lyme Regis man whose death is being treated as unexplained .
POLICE have said there were no signs of a break-in at the home of a Lyme Regis man whose death is being treated as "unexplained".
A police spokesman said: "There were no signs of forced entry into the man's house and we believe that nothing has been stolen."
A formal identification has yet to take place, but police have confirmed he was aged in his 80s.
Officers are still trying to locate the next of kin.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman said: "The message at the moment is that we are still trying to locate the next of kin and we are doing everything possible."
A post-mortem is being carried out today and further updates are expected this afternoon.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 3 Hippos beaten by a penalty at Okehampton
- 4 New exhibition for well known local ceramicist
- 5 Horror shows and light entertainment for Halloween viewing
- 6 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 7 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 8 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 9 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon