Lyme Regis death: No sign of break-in
POLICE have said there were no signs of a break-in at the home of a Lyme Regis man whose death is being treated as unexplained .
POLICE have said there were no signs of a break-in at the home of a Lyme Regis man whose death is being treated as "unexplained".
A police spokesman said: "There were no signs of forced entry into the man's house and we believe that nothing has been stolen."
A formal identification has yet to take place, but police have confirmed he was aged in his 80s.
Officers are still trying to locate the next of kin.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman said: "The message at the moment is that we are still trying to locate the next of kin and we are doing everything possible."
A post-mortem is being carried out today and further updates are expected this afternoon.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 5 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 6 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 7 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 8 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 9 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 10 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond