Lyme Regis development for people with local connection
- Credit: Archant
Work has finally begun on a development of much-needed affordable homes in Lyme Regis.
The scheme will provide 15 properties to rent on a site at Timber Hill.
It is the result of many years of planning, hard work and dedication by the Lyme Regis Community Land Trust (CLT) and its supporters.
The development comprises six one-bedroom, five two-bedroom, and four three-bedroom homes, all of which will be for affordable rent. They will be allocated to people with a local connection to the town. To apply for one of the homes, applicants will need to be registered through Dorset Home Choice - full details will be available prior to their completion.
Last week, key stakeholders, including Lyme Regis mayor Owen Lovell, got together to celebrate the start of the project and view the site.
You may also want to watch:
Lyme Regis CLT is working in partnership with South West-based housing provider Yarlington Housing Group, which will manage the development project and new homes once completed.
Yarlington has appointed local contractors C G Fry and Sons Ltd to build the new properties which are scheduled for completion in late 2017.
- 1 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 2 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 5 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 6 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 7 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 8 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 9 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 10 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
Chairman of Lyme Regis CLT, Denis Yell said: “The need for affordable housing for the local people of Lyme Regis is immense so to achieve this milestone, after our initial discussions back in 2012, is a hugely exciting time.”