Lyme Regis illustrator shortlisted for prestigious award
A LYME Regis illustrator was shortlisted for a prestigious UK children s book prize.
A LYME Regis illustrator was shortlisted for a prestigious UK children's book prize.
Margaret Chamberlain's book Pink! was recognised by the Royal Mail Awards for Scottish children's books.
Margaret, who has illustrated more than 200 children's books over her 30 year career, attended the awards ceremony in Edinburgh.
She said she was 'delighted even to be nominated and to get the chance of a lovely trip to Edinburgh.'
You may also want to watch:
She also took part in book signing, mixing with children from all over Scotland.
She said: "I rarely meet my readers, so you can imagine how enjoyable this was."
- 1 New independent store opens in town's high street
- 2 Community unites to back historic market town charter celebration
- 3 Come and join us at village fayre, say organisers
- 4 Pennies from heaven! Crowds prove it's still the hottest ticket in town
- 5 Property of the Week: East Grange
- 6 A tale of two cities made more accessible by air
- 7 Amazing ultra challenges for Axe Valley Runners
- 8 Fantastic return for the Seaton Parkrun
- 9 Flower show is back after two-year break
- 10 Tuck into this celebration of East Devon's finest food and drink
The awards are chosen entirely by children. Typically 18,000 cast their votes and this year 600 filled the theatre on the afternoon of the ceremony.
Margaret's latest book, Lion's Lunch, was published in September. Signed copies of Pink! are available in Primary Colours, broad Street, Lyme Regis, for �5.99.