Lyme Regis illustrator shortlisted for prestigious award
A LYME Regis illustrator was shortlisted for a prestigious UK children s book prize.
A LYME Regis illustrator was shortlisted for a prestigious UK children's book prize.
Margaret Chamberlain's book Pink! was recognised by the Royal Mail Awards for Scottish children's books.
Margaret, who has illustrated more than 200 children's books over her 30 year career, attended the awards ceremony in Edinburgh.
She said she was 'delighted even to be nominated and to get the chance of a lovely trip to Edinburgh.'
She also took part in book signing, mixing with children from all over Scotland.
She said: "I rarely meet my readers, so you can imagine how enjoyable this was."
- 1 Van fire spread to hedgerow on busy route
- 2 Two-years-missing cat back home after turning up in Sidmouth
- 3 'Fantastic' news on Honiton loos: King Street toilets to stay open
- 4 Colyton decides on new neighbourhood development plan
- 5 Charity golf circus on the Honiton greens
- 6 UPDATE: Missing woman found after police appeal
- 7 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas
- 8 Yellow weather warning for ice and snow in Devon tonight
- 9 Where to see Santa in the Seaton area this Christmas
- 10 There are troubling consequences for all of us in this real life satire
The awards are chosen entirely by children. Typically 18,000 cast their votes and this year 600 filled the theatre on the afternoon of the ceremony.
Margaret's latest book, Lion's Lunch, was published in September. Signed copies of Pink! are available in Primary Colours, broad Street, Lyme Regis, for �5.99.