Lyme Regis illustrator shortlisted for prestigious award
A LYME Regis illustrator was shortlisted for a prestigious UK children s book prize.
A LYME Regis illustrator was shortlisted for a prestigious UK children's book prize.
Margaret Chamberlain's book Pink! was recognised by the Royal Mail Awards for Scottish children's books.
Margaret, who has illustrated more than 200 children's books over her 30 year career, attended the awards ceremony in Edinburgh.
She said she was 'delighted even to be nominated and to get the chance of a lovely trip to Edinburgh.'
You may also want to watch:
She also took part in book signing, mixing with children from all over Scotland.
She said: "I rarely meet my readers, so you can imagine how enjoyable this was."
- 1 Watchmaker's celebrity approach proves a timely move
- 2 Big-hearted trio smash fundraising target for animal sanctuary
- 3 Food and drink festival proves the perfect tonic after lockdown
- 4 Exeter Chiefs star inspires young rugby players during Honiton store visit
- 5 Monday means a big step forward on road to economic recovery
- 6 Firefighters ask farmers to be on guard after spate of blazes
- 7 Sisters urge supporters to keep giving as mum battles to beat cancer
- 8 Mr Music's motor is no van ordinaire
- 9 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 10 Anniversary milestone for the railway station that beat Beeching
The awards are chosen entirely by children. Typically 18,000 cast their votes and this year 600 filled the theatre on the afternoon of the ceremony.
Margaret's latest book, Lion's Lunch, was published in September. Signed copies of Pink! are available in Primary Colours, broad Street, Lyme Regis, for �5.99.