Lyme restaurant voted best in the west
Team put their “heart and soul” into running the Mill Tea and Dining Room
THE Mill Tea and Dining Room, in Lyme Regis, has today been named the best restaurant in the South West by the prestigious Good Food Guide.
Some 27,500 diners sent in nominations for the awards which were decided by a panel of judges.
To qualify restaurants needed to be independently-run, offering regional or local produce where possible and delivering “consistently great food and excellent service”. The Mill Tea and Dining Room fought off stiff competition from other restaurants in the South West to win.
Good Food Guide Consultant Editor Elizabeth Carter, said: “With its wow factor setting matched by a team who put their heart and soul into the Mill, it is hard not to fall in love with this adorable riverside eatery. It is well worth a detour, with Anthony McNamara’s proud-to-be British food the icing on the cake.”
You may also want to watch:
Thrilled owner Eleanor Bursey said: “We could kiss the whole town”.
The overall UK winner will be announced on June 23.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 8 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 9 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 10 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony