Lyme restaurant voted best in the west
Team put their “heart and soul” into running the Mill Tea and Dining Room
THE Mill Tea and Dining Room, in Lyme Regis, has today been named the best restaurant in the South West by the prestigious Good Food Guide.
Some 27,500 diners sent in nominations for the awards which were decided by a panel of judges.
To qualify restaurants needed to be independently-run, offering regional or local produce where possible and delivering “consistently great food and excellent service”. The Mill Tea and Dining Room fought off stiff competition from other restaurants in the South West to win.
Good Food Guide Consultant Editor Elizabeth Carter, said: “With its wow factor setting matched by a team who put their heart and soul into the Mill, it is hard not to fall in love with this adorable riverside eatery. It is well worth a detour, with Anthony McNamara’s proud-to-be British food the icing on the cake.”
Thrilled owner Eleanor Bursey said: “We could kiss the whole town”.
The overall UK winner will be announced on June 23.
- 1 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 2 Van fire spread to hedgerow on busy route
- 3 Seaton's 'Hub Elves' replace loneliness with Christmas cheer
- 4 Grants for energy efficiency improvements available for residents
- 5 Ottery family lights up home in memory of mum
- 6 'Fantastic' news on Honiton loos: King Street toilets to stay open
- 7 Green team monitor water quality levels after pollution fears
- 8 Internal bowls battle in national competition
- 9 Where to see Santa in the Seaton area this Christmas
- 10 How Devon's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown