Lyme’s ‘unsung hero’ gets his due reward
Woodmead Halls stalwart is named West Dorset’s Environment Champion
AN “unsung hero” from Lyme Regis has been officially recognised for his voluntary work.
Charlie Kapur, has been named the Environmental Champion in West Dorset Distinct Council’s annual community awards
He won the honour for his work as a member of the management committee at Woodmead Hall.
Speaking at the prize-giving ceremony District Council Chairman Ronald Coatsworth said: “This award is to recognise all the unsung heroes of the district… an opportunity for everyone to come together and celebrate all the people who give up their time voluntarily for their community.
You may also want to watch:
“Thank you to everyone who nominated their Community Champion and congratulations to all the winners.”
* The community champions awards – voted for by residents - aim to recognise voluntary work done by local groups and organisations.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 3 New exhibition for well known local ceramicist
- 4 Hippos beaten by a penalty at Okehampton
- 5 Village youngsters excited by opening of new pump track
- 6 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 7 Honiton golfers braving the changing conditions
- 8 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 9 Colyton cyclist at age 82 rides the Gridiron 100 for Parkinson's UK
- 10 Lyme Regis Gig Club end season in style