Lyme Save the Children’s appeal for donations
- Credit: Archant
Branch says demands on its help have never been greater
Lyme Regis Branch of Save the Children believes demands on its services have never been greater following recent diasters.
So it’s hoping for maximum support for its latest fund raising venture – a mince pie and coffee morning and sale of quality items at the Baptist Church, on Friday, November 3.
The branch, which in the last financial year sent £5,500 to national headquarters, says it seems that half the world’s children are in peril.
In a statement it said: “We are facing demands like never before. We had terrible flooding in Sierra Leone and North Bangladesh followed by the colossal effects of Hurricane Irma. Now hundreds of thousands are fleeing into South Bangladesh from Burma.
You may also want to watch:
“Lyme Branch is appealing for donations of all kinds, especially suitable, saleable, items. We will arrange collection. We hope that the public will turn out in force in aid of such a worthy cause.”
To make donations or offer sale items call 01297442249, 01297444575 or 01297444187.
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 4 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 5 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 6 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 7 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 8 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 9 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis