Lyme school’s radio station goes on air
Head of Year grilled by student broadcasters in first show
YOUNG broadcaster took to the airwaves as Woodroffe comprehensive’s new radio station went live.
OTJ Radio 8 plans to transmit a fortnightly show via the school’s website.
In the first edition the head of year 8, Sharon Hutchings and head girl, Catherine Butler, were interviewed by Bailey Parsons and Priya McNiel, respectively.
Muss Hutchings talked about her favourite things, from Bach to Ovaltine, Catherine spoke about her plans to study drama at university.
You may also want to watch:
Other features included Woodroffe Schools news, views and reviews, local and international news and a what’s on feature with news on local events and entertainment.
The broadcast ended with a slightly surreal ‘Thought for the Day’, presented by Rosa Sawer and Leon Parkin which featured a puzzling moths conundrum and a bizarre conversation regarding left handed polar bears and intoxicated ants.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 3 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 4 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 5 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 6 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 7 Beer Albion edge Colyton in local showdown
- 8 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 9 Cranbrook prevail in local derby
- 10 Musical treat raises £800 for Afghanistan charity appeal
Afterwards the young broadcasters thanked media technician Brian Neesam for his “brilliant” support.