Lyme school’s radio station goes on air
Head of Year grilled by student broadcasters in first show
YOUNG broadcaster took to the airwaves as Woodroffe comprehensive’s new radio station went live.
OTJ Radio 8 plans to transmit a fortnightly show via the school’s website.
In the first edition the head of year 8, Sharon Hutchings and head girl, Catherine Butler, were interviewed by Bailey Parsons and Priya McNiel, respectively.
Muss Hutchings talked about her favourite things, from Bach to Ovaltine, Catherine spoke about her plans to study drama at university.
You may also want to watch:
Other features included Woodroffe Schools news, views and reviews, local and international news and a what’s on feature with news on local events and entertainment.
The broadcast ended with a slightly surreal ‘Thought for the Day’, presented by Rosa Sawer and Leon Parkin which featured a puzzling moths conundrum and a bizarre conversation regarding left handed polar bears and intoxicated ants.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 8 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 9 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 10 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
Afterwards the young broadcasters thanked media technician Brian Neesam for his “brilliant” support.