Lyme trawlerman seriously injured
- Credit: Archant
Coastguard helicopter scrambled after crew member was involved in winch accident aboard the fishing vessel Spanish Eyes 111
A crew member aboard a Lyme Regis trawler was seriously injured yesterday (Thursday).
The skipper of the fishing vessel Spanish Eyes 111 called the emergency services at around 9am to say the man had suffered a serious fishing-related injury in the net winch roller and needed immediate medical assistance.
Portland Coastguard Helicopter “Rescue 106” was immediately scrambled from base and was on scene in 10 minutes.
A successful winch transfer was swiftly achieved and the casualty was subsequently air-lifted direct to Odstock Hospital, Salisbury.
You may also want to watch:
The fishing vessel then returned to Lyme harbour without further assistance.
- 1 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 2 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 3 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 4 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 5 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 6 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 7 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 8 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 9 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis