Mackarness Hall scheme
At the annual meeting of electors in Honiton on March 15, it is reported I suggested we should repurchase The Honiton Bed Centre in High Street.
At the annual meeting of electors in Honiton on March 15, it is reported I suggested we should repurchase The Honiton Bed Centre in High Street. I was referring to past council discussions, together with Mackarness Hall, likely premises to consider for a community centre.
I have met the owner of The Bed Centre, who was unaware of items discussed at Honiton Town Council meetings. His property was never considered.
However, why did EDDC or Honiton Town Council not consider Mackarness Hall likely premises for a community centre, in the centre of town with car park facilities in Silver Street?
I would have suggested engaging an architect and, with permission from the church authority, produce a drawing, not too detailed, of the requirements of a community centre then consult with a possibility of purchasing Mackarness Hall.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 2 Hippos beaten by a penalty at Okehampton
- 3 New exhibition for well known local ceramicist
- 4 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 5 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 6 MP gets a flavour of community food project's new base
- 7 New plan to build East Devon back better after the pandemic
- 8 Volunteers unite again to launch Operation Rudolph
- 9 Wednesday's Budget and how it might help those struggling in Devon this winter
- 10 Premier League contract for local footballer