Mackarness Hall scheme
At the annual meeting of electors in Honiton on March 15, it is reported I suggested we should repurchase The Honiton Bed Centre in High Street.
At the annual meeting of electors in Honiton on March 15, it is reported I suggested we should repurchase The Honiton Bed Centre in High Street. I was referring to past council discussions, together with Mackarness Hall, likely premises to consider for a community centre.
I have met the owner of The Bed Centre, who was unaware of items discussed at Honiton Town Council meetings. His property was never considered.
However, why did EDDC or Honiton Town Council not consider Mackarness Hall likely premises for a community centre, in the centre of town with car park facilities in Silver Street?
I would have suggested engaging an architect and, with permission from the church authority, produce a drawing, not too detailed, of the requirements of a community centre then consult with a possibility of purchasing Mackarness Hall.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone