Mackarness Hall scheme
At the annual meeting of electors in Honiton on March 15, it is reported I suggested we should repurchase The Honiton Bed Centre in High Street.
At the annual meeting of electors in Honiton on March 15, it is reported I suggested we should repurchase The Honiton Bed Centre in High Street. I was referring to past council discussions, together with Mackarness Hall, likely premises to consider for a community centre.
I have met the owner of The Bed Centre, who was unaware of items discussed at Honiton Town Council meetings. His property was never considered.
However, why did EDDC or Honiton Town Council not consider Mackarness Hall likely premises for a community centre, in the centre of town with car park facilities in Silver Street?
I would have suggested engaging an architect and, with permission from the church authority, produce a drawing, not too detailed, of the requirements of a community centre then consult with a possibility of purchasing Mackarness Hall.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Millwey Rise 2 Pinhoe 0
- 2 Hollie's happy to be in the Little Shop of vouchers
- 3 Caroline and Steve Bond win Covid Cup at Axe Cliff
- 4 Flitch Success for the Armstrong family
- 5 Author's school visit takes the biscuit
- 6 Property of the Week: The Grove, Colyton
- 7 Honiton carers' group meets again
- 8 When former emperor Napolean came to Devon
- 9 Tourist attraction scoops prestigious award for 'tramathon' live event
- 10 Honiton Stingrays looking for new swimmers