Mackarness Hall scheme
At the annual meeting of electors in Honiton on March 15, it is reported I suggested we should repurchase The Honiton Bed Centre in High Street.
At the annual meeting of electors in Honiton on March 15, it is reported I suggested we should repurchase The Honiton Bed Centre in High Street. I was referring to past council discussions, together with Mackarness Hall, likely premises to consider for a community centre.
I have met the owner of The Bed Centre, who was unaware of items discussed at Honiton Town Council meetings. His property was never considered.
However, why did EDDC or Honiton Town Council not consider Mackarness Hall likely premises for a community centre, in the centre of town with car park facilities in Silver Street?
I would have suggested engaging an architect and, with permission from the church authority, produce a drawing, not too detailed, of the requirements of a community centre then consult with a possibility of purchasing Mackarness Hall.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 2 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers
- 3 Hundreds of sites are earmarked for new development
- 4 Property of the Week: Otter Mill
- 5 800th anniversary makes town's celebrated event a hot topic this year
- 6 Hot form in the heat at Axe Cliff
- 7 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 8 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
- 9 He was going, going gone... but now TV auctioneer is back
- 10 It's time to get on your bike for the Hospiscare Tour de Devon