Macmillan targets Honiton for fund-raising
Cancer charity urges residents to support World’s Biggest Coffee Morning.
A leading cancer charity has hosted a focus group meeting in Honiton, ahead of a major annual fund-raiser.
To prepare for the World’s Biggest Coffee Morning, Macmillan Cancer Support’s Tricia Heard, met representatives from local organisations, including Honiton and District Chamber of Commerce and Industry, East Devon Volunteer Centre, the Senior Council for Devon and Seddons Estate Agents.
Margaret Lewis, secretary of the chamber and curator of Allhallows Museum, said “Very few people are unaffected by cancer and the World’s Biggest Coffee Morning is a wonderful opportunity to show your support for Macmillan and local people living with cancer - simply by enjoying a coffee and a cake! I believe it’s very important that we continue to recognise the vital work done by this charity especially in its centenary year, and I wish Macmillan every success in this year’s Coffee Morning campaign.”
Also at the meeting, staged in Montgomery’s Hotel, were local hosts who previously held very successful coffee morning events for Macmillan and shared their experiences with the group.
You may also want to watch:
The focus group’s objective is to encourage as many businesses, local groups and individuals to register and hold an event for Macmillan.
The charity needs people to raise funds during the World’s Biggest Coffee Morning to contribute to the charity’s national fund-raising target of �8.5m - to celebrate the event’s 21st Birthday.
- 1 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 4 A special remembrance service in Seaton
- 5 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 6 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 7 Beer Albion edge Colyton in local showdown
- 8 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 9 Cranbrook prevail in local derby
- 10 Musical treat raises £800 for Afghanistan charity appeal
The official date for this year’s event is Friday, September 30, but you can hold an event on any day around this time to suit yourself and the event can take any format you wish.
In Devon alone, more than 1,000 events were registered last year. To find out more about the World’s Biggest Coffee Morning visit www.macmillan.org.uk/coffee or call 0845 602 1246.