Mad Dog Mcrea at The Beehive, Honiton
- Credit: Archant
Mad Dog Mcrea will play at The Beehive, Honiton, on Thursday, December 19.
The band are currently in the middle of their Damnation Alley tour of the south west.
They describe their sound as 'a unique mixture of folk rock, pop, gypsy jazz, bluegrass and 'shake your ass' music'.
They play a mix of self-penned songs of adventure, drinking, love and life, and traditional songs of gypsies, fairies, legless pirates and black flies.
The band, from Plymouth, released their first album in 2002, and have established a loyal fan base.
You may also want to watch:
In 2011 their album The Whirling Dervish won the Best Album of the Year at the South West Music Awards.
They are friends of Devon folk star Seth Lakeman, and performed at his wedding celebrations in 2012.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 8 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 9 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 10 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
The show starts at 8pm, and the support act is Gaz Brookfield.
Tickets are £17.50.
For more information or to book tickets visit The Beehive's website or call the box office on 01404 384 050.