MADNESS: Drivers dicing with death at Dunkeswell Airfield
Police seize van after driver caught doing handbrake turns on snow covered runway. Runway lights damaged and windows smashed.
POLICE have seized a Vauxhall Vivaro van after its driver was caught doing handbrake turns on the snow-covered runway at Dunkeswell Airfield
Officers, who responded to reports of anti-social driving at the airfield at around 9.30pm on Saturday night, discovered the driver, from Bridport, had previously been issued with a warning about his driving.
The offence he committed on the runway was driving other than on a road and causing alarm, distress and annoyance to the landowner.
The offender will have to pay a recovery fee of �105 and �12 storage per day, as well as being reported to court.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said: “This is a warning to all drivers that police and the landowners at Dunkeswell Airfield and the surrounding industrial estates will not tolerate anti-social driving at any time, especially during these cold, icy conditions.
“The landowner of the airfield has suffered damage to the strip lights on the runway. Also, a business owner had two windows smashed due to grit and gravel being thrown up by the wheels on the motor vehicles and hitting the glass.
- 1 Racist graffiti daubed on The Volunteer pub in Honiton
- 2 Honiton supermarket reopens bigger and better
- 3 Artists collaborate with council on next stage of town's art trail
- 4 Landscape firm wins award for work on new housing development
- 5 Nightingale hospital in running for top industry award
- 6 Honiton’s Julian Phillips wins Devon past Captains event
- 7 Festival fishing in Torbay and Lyme Regis
- 8 Violent thug jailed after violent attack in supermarket
- 9 Rogue builder jailed for ripping off Honiton customers
- 10 Honiton win Devon County Mixed Pairs
“This driver was identified by using CCTV on the industrial estate and will pay �200 towards the damage caused.”