Major road improvements planned for Seaton
Resurfacing programme announced by highways authority
AN extensive road improvement scheme is set to get under way in Seaton.
The work includes resurfacing in Seaton Road, Colyford Road and parts of Scalwell Lane.
The junction of Queen Street with Manor Road will also be renewed.
The work is scheduled to take place between February and April, depending on the weather.
Devon County Council stress it is in addition to its regular highway safety inspections.
Patching work will be carried out at Harepath Hill in preparation for further work in the next surface dressing programme.
- 1 Serious accident closes A35 in both directions
- 2 Motorcyclist dies after crash on A35 near Axminster
- 3 Drivers advised to plan journeys as A35 landslip work begins
- 4 Plan for 18-METRE 5G mast in Honiton submitted
- 5 Former Seaton bank to become shop
- 6 Police investigate assault at Axe Vale Show
- 7 Colyton Grammar team wins a national engineering competition
- 8 Chilcotts youngest auctioneer to feature in BBC show
- 9 Neighbourhood plan launched for Broadclyst
- 10 Ofwat launch enforcement case against South West Water
The Esplande will also benefit from a new surface during the coming financial year.
County highways spokesman Councillor Stuart Hughes said: “These schemes have been planned for some time and we have always been committed to completing them this financial year. This demonstrates our ongoing investment in our local communities.”
Seaton County Councillor Jim Knight said: “This work has always been in the pipeline for this financial year. Having worked closely with highways officers at Devon County Council I’m pleased that we are able to provide this comprehensive programme of roadworks which will be greatly appreciated by everyone in the town.”