Major road improvements planned for Seaton
Resurfacing programme announced by highways authority
AN extensive road improvement scheme is set to get under way in Seaton.
The work includes resurfacing in Seaton Road, Colyford Road and parts of Scalwell Lane.
The junction of Queen Street with Manor Road will also be renewed.
The work is scheduled to take place between February and April, depending on the weather.
You may also want to watch:
Devon County Council stress it is in addition to its regular highway safety inspections.
Patching work will be carried out at Harepath Hill in preparation for further work in the next surface dressing programme.
- 1 Property of the Week: East Grange
- 2 Tuck into this celebration of East Devon's finest food and drink
- 3 Motorists urged: park sensibly, don't drive Devon residents mad
- 4 Hill climbs to the top on Captain’s Day
- 5 Lions help enthusiastic work skills group
- 6 East Devon councillor resigns to focus on his business interests
- 7 Walkies! Heath team offers summer advice for dog owners
- 8 Your chance to be crowned top artist
- 9 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 10 Be on your guard against toxic hogweed
The Esplande will also benefit from a new surface during the coming financial year.
County highways spokesman Councillor Stuart Hughes said: “These schemes have been planned for some time and we have always been committed to completing them this financial year. This demonstrates our ongoing investment in our local communities.”
Seaton County Councillor Jim Knight said: “This work has always been in the pipeline for this financial year. Having worked closely with highways officers at Devon County Council I’m pleased that we are able to provide this comprehensive programme of roadworks which will be greatly appreciated by everyone in the town.”