Major road improvements planned for Seaton
Resurfacing programme announced by highways authority
AN extensive road improvement scheme is set to get under way in Seaton.
The work includes resurfacing in Seaton Road, Colyford Road and parts of Scalwell Lane.
The junction of Queen Street with Manor Road will also be renewed.
The work is scheduled to take place between February and April, depending on the weather.
You may also want to watch:
Devon County Council stress it is in addition to its regular highway safety inspections.
Patching work will be carried out at Harepath Hill in preparation for further work in the next surface dressing programme.
- 1 Phil Twiss retains Devon County Council seat
- 2 Marcus Hartnell wins Seaton and Colyton election
- 3 New homes and a new town centre as Cranbrook embraces the future
- 4 Ian Hall retains Devon County Council seat
- 5 Children get a taste of life in a forest school - and enjoy the benefits
- 6 Ian Chubb retains Whimple and Blackdown seat
- 7 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 8 Colyton submits its Neighbourhood Plan to district planners
- 9 East Devon's new homes debate divides residents' opinions
- 10 Property of the Week: The Grove, Colyton
The Esplande will also benefit from a new surface during the coming financial year.
County highways spokesman Councillor Stuart Hughes said: “These schemes have been planned for some time and we have always been committed to completing them this financial year. This demonstrates our ongoing investment in our local communities.”
Seaton County Councillor Jim Knight said: “This work has always been in the pipeline for this financial year. Having worked closely with highways officers at Devon County Council I’m pleased that we are able to provide this comprehensive programme of roadworks which will be greatly appreciated by everyone in the town.”