Communal garden area restored at Axminster
- Credit: Archant
Volunteers have been restoring a communal garden on Axminster’s Millwey Rise housing estate.
The helpers included a team of gardeners from Axminster’s Community Waffle House, local residents, Axe Skip Hire and the Axminster Repair Café .
Their mission was to make the space once more accessible for local youngsters.
After a full day of gardening, putting up a brand new fence, a restored trampoline, a dedicated compost area and completely filling a skip with rubbish, the mission was completed.
Matt Smith, of the Waffle House, said: “A massive thank-you to Axe Skip Hire for donating a skip and to everyone who volunteered their time to the project.”
You may also want to watch:
Axminster’s Community Waffle House has launched a £20,000 fundraising appeal to help finance its move to a new home at Trinity House in the town centre.
Money is needed to buy more furniture and fittings.
- 1 Seaton Cricket club ‘bowled over’ by gesture from local housebuilder
- 2 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 3 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 4 Hot form in the heat at Axe Cliff
- 5 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers
- 6 Scheme for affordable homes on old football pitch moves step closer
- 7 UPDATE: Man dies after 'serious accident' on A30
- 8 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 9 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
- 10 Property of the Week: Otter Mill
To contribute to the fundraising appeal visit :