Make It Local campaign for East Devon
Whether you are a business, community group or individual, Making it Local could help you.
Whether you are a business, community group or individual, Making it Local could help you. So far, the programme, that covers the Blackdown Hills and East Devon AONB areas, has approved funding for six projects. These include helping a Community Shop with purchasing chillers, a project that offers apprenticeships to people interested in the forestry sector and a digital mentor project that helps community groups with their communications.
Making it Local staff are based in Hemyock and the funding will run from summer 2009 to the end of 2013. We are keen to hear from people with ideas for future projects.
Become an Appraiser
We need more volunteer appraisers to help evaluate applications. If you are interested in becoming an appraiser, the next training session for new appraisers will be 2:30-5:30pm on Thursday 8th October in Honiton. Please contact us to book a place. (If you are unable to make this date we are planning a second afternoon's training on 28th January - again, please contact us to reserve your place.)
You may also want to watch:
Come to our Autumn update and join the Consultative Advisory Group
We are looking for more members to join our Consultative Advisory Group (CAG), particularly representatives of organisations and individuals from the area covered by the Programme. Come and hear from the projects themselves at our CAG meeting on Thursday 22nd October in Chard (5.45-8.15pm). We will also be sharing news on our small grants programme. Please contact us if you would like to attend the next meeting.
- 1 East Devon councillor resigns to focus on his business interests
- 2 Tuck into this celebration of East Devon's finest food and drink
- 3 Property of the Week: East Grange
- 4 William conquers 200 books
- 5 Walkies! Heath team offers summer advice for dog owners
- 6 Motorists urged: park sensibly, don't drive Devon residents mad
- 7 What’s in a town crest - mermaids, plants pregnant woman or all three?
- 8 Half-year property sales are twice the five-year average
- 9 Enjoy spectacular visual art exhibition at town's Thelma Hulbert Gallery
- 10 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local
About Making it Local
Making it Local is a five year European Rural Development Programme offering funding to projects in the Blackdown Hills and East Devon area. For further information please contact us at t: 01823 680 626; e: email@example.com or visit w: www.makingitlocal.org