Make It Local campaign for East Devon
Whether you are a business, community group or individual, Making it Local could help you.
Whether you are a business, community group or individual, Making it Local could help you. So far, the programme, that covers the Blackdown Hills and East Devon AONB areas, has approved funding for six projects. These include helping a Community Shop with purchasing chillers, a project that offers apprenticeships to people interested in the forestry sector and a digital mentor project that helps community groups with their communications.
Making it Local staff are based in Hemyock and the funding will run from summer 2009 to the end of 2013. We are keen to hear from people with ideas for future projects.
Become an Appraiser
We need more volunteer appraisers to help evaluate applications. If you are interested in becoming an appraiser, the next training session for new appraisers will be 2:30-5:30pm on Thursday 8th October in Honiton. Please contact us to book a place. (If you are unable to make this date we are planning a second afternoon's training on 28th January - again, please contact us to reserve your place.)
You may also want to watch:
Come to our Autumn update and join the Consultative Advisory Group
We are looking for more members to join our Consultative Advisory Group (CAG), particularly representatives of organisations and individuals from the area covered by the Programme. Come and hear from the projects themselves at our CAG meeting on Thursday 22nd October in Chard (5.45-8.15pm). We will also be sharing news on our small grants programme. Please contact us if you would like to attend the next meeting.
- 1 Millwey Rise 2 Pinhoe 0
- 2 Hollie's happy to be in the Little Shop of vouchers
- 3 Author's school visit takes the biscuit
- 4 Caroline and Steve Bond win Covid Cup at Axe Cliff
- 5 Honiton carers' group meets again
- 6 Netball club members win superstar backing for 'trip' to Australia
- 7 Tourist attraction scoops prestigious award for 'tramathon' live event
- 8 Flitch Success for the Armstrong family
- 9 When former emperor Napolean came to Devon
- 10 Property of the Week: The Grove, Colyton
About Making it Local
Making it Local is a five year European Rural Development Programme offering funding to projects in the Blackdown Hills and East Devon area. For further information please contact us at t: 01823 680 626; e: email@example.com or visit w: www.makingitlocal.org