Make Your Nature Count Survey
What wildlife will you find?
BIRD twitchers and wildlife enthusiasts are being asked to stake out their gardens for an hour this week as part of the UK’s largest summer wildlife survey.
The RSPB is running it’s Make Your Nature Count campaign until June 12, and is interested in finding out more about common garden birds in the area as well as frogs, newts, toads and even snakes.
The charity is particularly concerned about how the early dry weather has affected wildlife and hopes the survey will encourage people to provide more water and build ponds for smaller water creatures.
For more information or a Make Your Nature Count survey visit www.rspb.org.uk/naturecount or call 0300 456 8340.
You may also want to watch:
The hotline number will be operational until 10 June 2011.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 3 Hippos beaten by a penalty at Okehampton
- 4 New exhibition for well known local ceramicist
- 5 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 6 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 7 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 8 Council lobbies Government on behalf of young people
- 9 Colyton cyclist at age 82 rides the Gridiron 100 for Parkinson's UK
- 10 Village youngsters excited by opening of new pump track