Man dies after incident at Charmouth rifle range
- Credit: Archant
A man has died after an incident at a shooting range on the East Devon and West Dorset border.
Police were called to The Tunnel Target Sports Centre in Axminster Road, Charmouth, at 5.58pm on Tuesday, October 8.
Officers were responding to a report that a man had sustained serious injuries and attended the scene along with members of the ambulance service.
The injured man, aged in his 40s and from Somerset, was airlifted to Southampton General Hospital where he later died.
The man's family has been informed and is being supported by officers.
You may also want to watch:
Officers from Dorset Police are carrying out enquiries into the incident on behalf of the coroner.
It is not believed that any other person was involved nor were there any suspicious circumstances.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
The Target Sports Centre Ltd opened in July 2010 in the former Charmouth road tunnel, on a bypassed stretch of the old A35, to provide a range of shooting experiences for members of the public and training opportunities for the security industry.