Man airlifted to hospital after Kilmington crash
Firefighters release injured man after four vehicles are involved in a serious accident on the A35
A MAN was airlifted to hospital after a four vehicle crash on the A35 at Kilmington this morning.
The smash, at Studhayes Cross, involved three private cars and one heavy goods vehicle.
One male casualty was released by fire service crews using hydraulic rescue equipment and flown to hospital by the air ambulance.
Long queues built up along Axminster bypass while medics and firefighters from Axminster and Colyton fought to help victims.
Some vehicles are currently (12.15pm) being allowed through and police made special provision to enable undertakers and mourners to get to a funeral at Kilmington.
- 1 Devon model railway manufacturer expands factory space to keep up with demand
- 2 Mum-to-be's relaxing holiday ends in baby being delivered at Devon resort
- 3 Campsite bid for farm to boost business
- 4 New homes released for sale in Seaton with help available for first time buyers
- 5 Five-year-old girl dies after road accident near Honiton
- 6 Careless charity shop donors are costing Devon Air Ambulance money
- 7 'A new era, and a new beginning for Honiton Town Council'
- 8 Information sought on fly-tipping incident in Honiton
- 9 Honiton slip to home defeat against brilliant Bovey
- 10 New £60,000 funding for Honiton play park