Man airlifted to hospital after Kilmington crash
Firefighters release injured man after four vehicles are involved in a serious accident on the A35
A MAN was airlifted to hospital after a four vehicle crash on the A35 at Kilmington this morning.
The smash, at Studhayes Cross, involved three private cars and one heavy goods vehicle.
One male casualty was released by fire service crews using hydraulic rescue equipment and flown to hospital by the air ambulance.
Long queues built up along Axminster bypass while medics and firefighters from Axminster and Colyton fought to help victims.
You may also want to watch:
Some vehicles are currently (12.15pm) being allowed through and police made special provision to enable undertakers and mourners to get to a funeral at Kilmington.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 3 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 6 MP gets a flavour of community food project's new base
- 7 School embraces reading challenge
- 8 Property of the Week: Marcella House, Kilmington
- 9 Ashley and Kate win prestigious organic farming accolade
- 10 Devon Tesco stores support NSPCC through grants scheme