Man dies after glider crash lands near Honiton
- Credit: Archant
A man has died after a glider crash landed in Broadhembury near Honiton.
Police say the 70-year-old pilot was pronounced dead at the scene last Wednesday and is thought to be from Somerset.
Emergency services were called to Devon and Somerset Gliding Club at 5.30pm following the incident.
One person was on board the single seater glider.
A spokesman for Devon and Cornwall Police said: “Next of kin have been notified.
You may also want to watch:
“CID attended the scene and the Air Accidents Investigation branch has been informed.”
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 4 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 5 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 6 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 7 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 8 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 9 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis